|How can I bake three cakes and get that financial report finished by tonight...?|
Apple and coconut crumble
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Arrange apple slices in the base of an ovenproof dish.
- To make crumble, combine oats, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Rub in spread until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Scatter mixture evenly over apple. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly for 5 minutes. Serves 4 people with 5g fat, 231 calories per serve.
- 400g apple, rhubarb, or a mix
- 1 orange, rind and juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 egg whites
- Cut fruit in bite-sized chunks. Grate orange then squeeze juice. Set aside.
- Place fruit in a pan with ginger, orange rind and a third of the sugar. Cover. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes, adding orange juice as necessary.
- Add raspberries. Spoon mixture into 4 ovenproof ramekins.
- Whisk egg whites and remaining sugar until stiff and shiny.
- Top each ramekin with a large spoonful of meringue mixture. Bake at 180ºC for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve immediately. Makes 4 serves with 1g fat, 229 calories per serve.
Baked Bananas With Honey
- 4 firm bananas
- cooking oil spray
- 150g pottle reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place bananas in their skins on a lightly greased baking tray. Use a knife to pierce banana skins several times.
- Bake bananas in skins for 20 minutes until completely blackened, turning halfway through.
- Once banana skins are blackened, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Split skin using a sharp knife. Spoon over yoghurt and honey. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately. Serves 4 with 3g fat and 227 cals per serve.