Beetroot Dip

Here's a quick recipe I threw together when I had a heap of beetroot to use up. We get ours from my in laws who bottle their own organically grown beetroot in ginormous jars which take forever to eat through! Not that we mind one bit...




Beetroot Dip

  • 1 can of beetroot, drained
  • 1 can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2-3 T of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice (to taste)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Pinch of chili to taste
Throw everything into the blender and blitz until well mixed. Add salt, pepper and chili to taste and serve with fresh bread, sliced veges or wholegrain crackers


Beetroot Salad

Toss together equal quantities of the following:

  • Betroot slices, diced
  • Grated carrot
  • Grated cheese (I like colby)
  • Red capsican, finely sliced

Pour over a simple dressing of:

  • 2 parts oil (I like rice bran)
  • 1 part balsamic or white vinegar
  • salt and pepper

 

No comments:

Post a Comment