To Make the Blackboard Napkin Rings you will need:
- A set of old napkin rings (preferably wood or plastic which is easier to paint than metal)
- Blackboard paint (and primer depending on the material your napkin rings are made from - see above)
1. Clean the napkin rings and dry well. I used a set of cheap plastic napkin rings.
2. Paint with blackboard paint. It usually takes 2-3 coats to get it looking good. Leave to dry well (check the instructions on the can) between coats.
|Instead of cleaning the brush between coats, wrap it in clingfilm and keep it in the fridge until the next use|
3. When fully dry you can write your guests' names (or a fun message) on the rings with chalk or a liquid chalk pen.
|Dot was not amused to see yet another napkin that mocked her nickname|