This candy wreath is a fun Christmas decoration and makes a tasty treat when it's time to pull the decorations down - if it lasts that long! Making the wreath is pretty simple once you get the hang of wiring on the candy.
To Make the Candy Wreath you will need:
- Heavy gauge wire
- Lighter florists wire
- Wrapped candy (I used three 200gm packets)
1. Make a circle with the heavy gauge wire, use two layers for extra strength, and bind together with the finer wire. I made a circle about 20cm across.
|Making a base for the wreath|
2. Wire each piece of wrapped candy individually onto the wire loop, pushing them together on the wire as you go along until the wreath is full.
|Wiring the candy onto the wreath|
3. Hot glue on a few extra candies to fill in the gaps if you need to .
4. Finish the wreath off with some curled ribbon or a Christmas decoration
|The completed candy wreath|