Chocolate dipped strawberries are the perfect summer treat, great as a "bring a plate" for your friend's dinner party or a luxury addition to the picnic basket. Pour any leftover chocolate into a silicone ice cube tray or chocolate mold to use as a garnish for your chocolate dipped strawberries.
To make chocolate dipped strawberries you will need:
- Fresh strawberries
- White Chocolate Melts
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Melts
- A zip-loc plastic bag
- Baking Paper or a non-stick cookie sheet
1. Wash and dry the strawberries if you need to.
2. Melt the white chocolate melts in a mug. If you use cooking chocolate for melting you won't need to temper the chocolate; avoid using a candy bar as this chocolate wont reset and your strawberries will be a sticky mess.
3. Set the microwave to medium heat and melt 30 seconds at a time and then stirring (stir the chips before they start melting so they heat evenly), until they are about 80% melted then continue to stir the chips until they are fully liquid - this will prevent you from overheating the chocolate.
|Dipping the strawberry in the first layer of chocolate|
4. Dip the strawberries into the chocolate (start with the biggest ones while you have more chocolate to dip into), drain, then sit onto the baking paper or a non-stick cookie sheet to set in a cool place. DON'T put them into the fridge!
|Setting the chocolate dipped strawberries|
5. Melt the dark or milk melts the same way. When melted, pour the chocolate into a zip-loc plastic bag and snip off a tiny part of one corner (if the hole is too tiny you can always make it bigger).
|Place the zip loc bag in a mug to make it easier to pour in the melted chocolate|
6. Squeezing gently on the bag, drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries.
|Snip the corner off the bag to drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries|
|Drizzle the choclate over the strawberries|
7. Leave to set in a cool place then remove the strawberries from the paper or cookie sheet. Store in a very cool place in an airtight container until use. Don't store in the fridge or the chocolate will "sweat" and your chocolate strawberries will look wet and gooey.
|Leave the chocolate strawberries to set in a cool place|