For background info on candle making check out: How to reuse old candles, how to melt candle wax and how to prepare a candle wick - this project will skip repeating those instructions so if you get lost at any point refer to the previous articles.
To make the recycled candy tin candle you will need:
- Candle wax (new or recycled)
- Prepared wick
- Coloring (candle wax dye or crayons)
- An old candy tin, jar or other mold
- Ice cube tray/ chocolate mold (silicone is best)
2. Set the wick into the candy tin and slowly pour in the melted wax until the tin is 80% full (leave a gap for the leaves to sit on top so the lid can still go on the tin) and leave to set.
3. Arrange the wax leaves around the wick and gently top up the wax in the tin to hold the leaves in place - be careful not to pour so much wax in you "drown" the wax shapes.
4. Leave to cool and completely set before replacing the lid on the tin and voila! you have a cute recycled vintage gift that's already wrapped!
Gift Wrapping Tips
More Candle Projects:
Star Cluster Candle
Cat Food Dish Floating Candle
General Safety Warning:
Stoves are hot and stuff! Don't burn yourself on them because it hurts and sucks. If you burn yourself put the burnt area under cold water for 10 minutes but no longer than 20 minutes and seek medical help.