10 ways to celebrate V-Day when you're not sitting around waiting for your BF to give you a half-dead bunch of flowers...
|"I'd love to hear more about your tragic boyfriend but I'm on a date with my loved one - me!"|
1. Make someone a candy card. Valentines are for everyone - especially when they're made of candy
2. Round up your gal pals for a night in with a retro fun dinner, plenty of choccies, champagne and movies or XBox
3. Impress yourself - and your mates - with an amazing dessert like berry cheesecake in chocolate hearts
|Too good to share - Chocolate Hearts with Berry Cheesecake|
4. Make someone else's V-Day with some homemade fudge - whip up a batch for your workmates, best friends or flat mates' lunches
5. Indulge yourself with an in home spa; throw on a face masque, give yourself a mani and pedi, pour a glass of champers and nibble on some chocolate-dipped strawberries
|One for me and...another one for me!|
6. Make a batch of fortune cookies with fun love predictions or motivational messages for your mates
7. Put on some of your favourite music, light some candles, fill the bath - and relax knowing you don't have to dress up and wear uncomfortable heels all night!
8. Do a good deed for a complete stranger; open a door, help carry shopping to someone's car, put a coin in an expired parking meter, smile at everyone you meet and mentally wish them a fabulous day...the more you do the better you'll feel :-)
9. Ring / FaceBook an old friend you haven't heard from sonce forever and have good ol' catch up
10. Offer to babysit your friends' kids - they'll be eternally grateful for the night off and you'll be so thankful you don't have a bunch of screaming kids at your place 24/7!!